Over the course of Mitsui & Co.'s history, we have followed a mission of providing essential products and services around the world. In serving this mission, we have connected nations and regions, people, businesses, technology and ideas to create new value.
From 1947 to the 1950s
- Daiichi Bussan Kaisha, Ltd. established
- Daiichi Bussan Kaisha, Ltd. integrated with other trading companies (Mitsui & Co.'s great amalgamation) and changed its name to Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
* Photo : A view inside Daiichi Bussan
- Transfer of Business of Kinoshita Sansho & Co., Ltd.
- Established Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc.
* Photo : The Head Office building in the 1960s (Nishi-Shimbashi)
1970s to the 2010s
- Ohtemachi Head Office building completed. Head Office moved from Nishi-Shimbashi, Minato Ward to Ohtemachi, Chiyoda Ward
- Established Mitsui & Co. Europe PLC
- Mitsui & Co. (Asia Pacific) Pte. Ltd. established
* Photo : The former Head Office building (Ohtemachi)
2020s and Beyond
- New Otemachi Head Office building completed
* Photo : The new Head Office building (Otemachi)